Saturday 28 April 2012

Finale

This is how it looks like AFTER the updates. Fixed the drippyness and made the signboard less dominant. I also changed the background for a more murky-like feeling.


LAYER EXPLANATION!

Starting from the bottom layers to the top

1. The sky layer
For this layer I took a picture of the sky and painted over it with the airbrush. The main reason I painted over it was because the original picture was pixelated (taken by my phone camera)

2. Hue/Saturation // Brightness & Contrast
I played around with these to give the sky a murkier feeling to it.

3. Group Layer 
All the Buildings are in this layer including the flyovers and the signboards. The drippiness effect was first done by using the 'liquify tool' in the filters then I used the brush tool to enhance the drippiness. This was done for each of the building/flyover/signboard layers. For the signboard layer I made it semi translucent by reducing the opacity.

4. Overall Layer
In this layer I duplicated the whole image then merged it together (To be exact I duplicated it 3 times)
- 1st duplicate (left at the bottom, no changes)
-2nd duplicate (Used gaussian blur/ intensity 8.0)
-3rd duplicate (Hard light layer mask)

I then  merged these 3 layers and played with the opacity. This method was used to intensify the colors

5. Photo filter/ Exposure/Vibrance/Color Balance
These filters were used to intensify the effect to its fullest.



CONCEPT EXPLANATION

For my theme I wanted to portray an Alice in Wonderland-like feel to it. Whenever I go to a new city I feel so confused and lost. In my mind everything is dripping into nothingness as if time itself is melting. I main theme is CONFUSION. The roads seem to lead to nowhere and the flyovers seem to resemble a roller coaster. I imagine this is how some people feel like when they enter Subang Jaya. Honestly, the roads in Subang are VERY confusing. Newcomers will most definitely get lost.

I chose Subang Jaya as my city because it is where I lived since I was young. It is my home, and it is the place I am most familiar with.

And this is it. I AM DONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment